Throughout 2020, we'll be working closely with clients to migrate those who are interested in the performance boost to the next-gen hosting platform. Many of the articles here in the Help Center have been updated to reflect whether they apply to our current hosting platform or the next-gen platform. So how do you know which platform you're on?
- If you signed up before January 2020 and we have not yet reached out to you about migrating your site to the new platform, you're on Agathon's classic hosting platform.
- If we've worked with you to migrate your site to the new, high-speed hosting platform, you're on Agathon's next-gen hosting platform.
- If you've signed up since January 2020, you could be on either platform, depending on the specific needs of your site. If you've received Virtualmin control panel login information from us, you're on the classic hosting platform.
- If you're still not sure, send us an email, and we'd be happy to clarify!
So what is the next-gen hosting platform?
In early 2020, we began rolling out a new, high-speed hosting platform. This next-gen hosting platform was designed from the ground up specifically for WordPress sites and with speed in mind. While we've always focused on speed, starting from scratch has allowed us to do that with even more granularity.
Here are just some of the benefits of the next-gen platform:
- Across the board, our beta testers have reported faster sites and dashboards.
- The new platform includes premium backups - with more saved snapshots so you can restore with greater granularity - at no additional cost.
- Depending on the specifics of their plan, many clients will see an increase in available storage over the classic hosting platform.
- Clients can still host multiple sites on their server.
- Resources can still be increased as your site grows.
- 24/7 expert support to help you manage your server and site(s).
NOTE: At this time, the next-gen hosting platform does not include a control panel or domain-based email. Our experience has shown that those contribute to slower sites, more complicated support, and a less stable environment. We're methodically working on solutions to provide those services without sacrificing the site performance gains that clients are seeing when they migrate to the new platform. Clients who rely on either or both of those tools can remain on the classic hosting platform while we develop those solutions.